Giving Thanks to Game Developers / Publishers

Posted by OtakuRockU On Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Share/Bookmark

In the spirit of Thanksgiving we at GamersGamplay would like to give thanks to some of our favorite game developers and publishers.  They have been there making games for us throughout the years, the good times and the bad.  Today is a day to reminisce, give thanks, and let them know they are appreciated.

Nintendo

Nintendo games and game systems have been with me for many years.  I've been surprised with their consistency with  making quality games and iconic characters.  I've enjoyed playing all of Nintendo's game systems and have fond memories growing up playing the NES and SNES.  Some of my favorite games have been from Nintendo.  The Mario, Metroid, and Zelda games are some of the longest running and best series of all time.  Nintendo did a great thing with the Wii bringing lots of new gamers to the market and starting the whole motion gaming fad.  Here are some videos showing off games from Nintendo consoles:


SEGA

In the early years I remember playing games like: Sonic, Streets of Rage, Phantasy Star, Golden Axe, and ToeJam & Earl.  Every time I hear the name SEGA I can't help but to play the sound in my head of the chorus singing it.  Over the years SEGA has made some good game systems and some truly great games.  It was a shame that they had to stop making consoles, but I feel it was for the best.  Now SEGA can focus on continuing to make and publish awesome games.  Some of my favorite games this current generation Valkyria Chronicles, and the Yakuza series have been made by SEGA.  Here's a look back at some of the best games played on SEGA consoles:


 Sony Computer Entertainment

The first Playstation was a great console I had a lot of good times with it.  When the Playstation 2 came out I didn't think it could get much better than that.  The PS2 has a massive library of great games with lots of variety.  Even now some people argue that it's the greatest console ever made.  I'm not so sure about that myself, but it's gotta be up there in the top 3.  

Call me a Sony fanboy if you want, but I have to be honest, PS3 is my favorite this gen.  I play games on a Sony HDTV and mostly on the PS3.  That doesn't mean that I don't like or appreciate the Wii, or 360.  The PS3 is just my preference.  With a great lineup of exclusive games like: God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone, Resistance, Warhawk, Uncharted and many more I just can't resist.  Here are some videos showing some of the best games on the Playstation consoles:



Here are some more game developer and publishers that I'd like to give a quick thanks to:

Microsoft thanks for: Windows (the OS I use to play my PC games on) the X-Box, and the 360.

Capcom thanks for:  All the great games you have made over the years.  I don't even think I could even begin to come close to listing all of them.  Some of my favorite games and series are: Mega Man, Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, and Resident Evil.

Konami thanks for:  Castlevania, Contra, Metal Gear, DDR, Suikoden, and many more.

Namco Bandai thanks for: Pac-Man, Tekken, Soulcalibur, Tales of, and more.

Square Enix thanks for:  Final Fantasy, Xenogears, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, EVO and more.

Clover Studio/Platinum Games thanks for:  Okami, God Hand, Bayonetta, Vanquish, and Mad World.  I also hope you continue to make your awesome games.

Atlus thanks for:  Persona (hope part 5 is announced soon), publishing Demons Souls in the US, Catherine, and making quality games.

From Software thanks for:  Kings Field, Demons Souls (good luck with Project Dark), Armored Core, and Tenchu (please make another one soon). 

Blizzard thanks for:  Rock N' Roll Racing, Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo (hurry up on part 3 I'm waiting!), and World of Warcraft.

I raise my glass to all gamers, game developers, and publishers this Thanksgiving.  Without you guys I wouldn't have anything to play, or anyone to play with.  So keep doing what your doing, and know that your appreciated.  Thanks for the good times and memories over the years, and many more to come!

What are you guys thankful for this year?  Let me know in the comments which games or developers/publishers are you thankful for.  Everyone have a happy Thanksgiving!  Enjoy the food, spend time with your families, and try to sneak in some gaming before the turkey sets in :)

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...