Updates from Japan

Posted by OtakuRockU On Monday, November 15, 2010

Share/Bookmark

 I just thought I'd share with you guys updates on some games coming out in Japan soon, enjoy!


Bleach Soul Ignition has been announced for the PS3!  I've been waiting patiently for a Bleach game to finally come to a HD console.  The PSP games were pretty good, but after seeing what they did with Naruto in Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 they just don't satisfy.  Bleach deserves a quality HD title that does the manga/anime justice.
 

Not much is known about the game at the moment but at least the graphics look nice.  I looks like it might just be an action game set in Hueco Mundo which will be fine.  I'm hoping though it'll be similar to the newest Naruto game with an epic story mode as well as online versus.  More information will be revealed next month, I'll be sure to keep you updated.


Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Roman Tan Saisen announced for the PSP with a 2011 release date.  Not much is known about this one either.  From the screenshots it looks to be a fighting game but it's hard to tell at the moment.  I find it kind of odd that they just now decide to make another Kenshin game (the manga ended years ago).  Not complaining though I am a big fan of Ruroni Kenshin.  I'm hoping maybe this means there will be some new developments, or a revision to the series.  Probably not, but it's nice to dream.


Catherine for the PS3/360 announced for release in Japan on February 2011.  This game is being developed and published by Atlus the creators of the Persona series.  That alone got my attention, the Persona games being one of my favorite series.  This game seems to be very unique.  Even though we haven't been shown much actual gameplay it's supposed to be a mix of action/adventure.  The art style and quality is really well done, it looks just like an anime.  It's also supposed to be adult orientated and labeled as an "erotic fantasy".

  

No official announcement for a Western release yet, but I think it has a good chance.  When more information is released on the actual gameplay I'll do a preview and post impressions. 


Valkyria Chronicles 3 for the PSP expected release Q1 2011.  This one is a prequel happening during the same time period of the first game.  I was disappointed when I heard that VC3 was coming to the PSP and not the PS3.  The first VC was really an amazing game for it's gameplay innovations, great style, and story.  VC2 was also released for the PSP and I enjoyed that one a lot too.  So I guess it's not that bad that the VC3 on is on PSP.  There is tons to do in VC2, it has more gameplay than the original game.




VC3 is shaping up pretty good with some nice improvements to the gameplay.  There is a demo up on the Japanese PSN if you want to check it out.


Ryu ga Gotoku Of the End (Yakuza of the End) for release in Japan TBA 2011 on PS3.  This one really surprised me.  First of all I was really excited they announced another Yakuza game it's a great series.  Then when I saw the teasers showing screen shots of Kamurocho (the main city in all the games) destroyed it shocked me a bit.  After 4 games prior the series does need to shake things up a bit to keep it fresh I thought.  And then I saw the trailer...and the unthinkable happened...ZOMBIES!  WTF!



This series has always been a bit over the top but at least it was somewhat based in reality.  So it was a bit of a shock to me to see zombies running around and guns blazing.  After I calmed down and watched the trailer again I decided that it's a great direction for the game to go in.  It is just a side story after all, that's why it's not named Yakuza 5 so why not go crazy with it.

It'll probably bring in more fans to a great series that they normally wouldn't have given the time of day to.  I mean who doesn't love zombies these days?  I'm guessing since Yakuza 4 is coming out next year for us Westerners Yakuza of the End probably won't be out until 2012.  Can't complain though a Yakuza game each year is pretty amazing.






Asura's Wrath for 360/PS3 one of the big surprise titles announced at TGS this year.  The release date is TBA so no telling when I'm thinking maybe late 2011 or early 2012.  Capcom teaming up with CyberConnect to make this amazing looking game.  I only had to watch 20 seconds of that trailer to know that this game is going to be amazing.  I won't keep it from you any longer, you have to watch this trailer:


That trailer is perhaps one of the over the top crazy and manly things I have ever seen.  That guy didn't even care he had all of those spears stuck in him he just ROARED them away.  Rushing froward like a berserker punching and destroying everything in his path with his bare hands.  Both of the main guys in that video were too manly to even speak words they just punched and roared.  Then the one guy summons giant cyber Budda from space and the other guy punches it.  Day one purchase for me, I'll keep you updated on this one too.


Well that's it for now.  Hope you enjoyed the Update from Japan.  I'll keep you all posted on updates to these titles and new ones on the horizon.  Keep checking back and let me know which ones you are excited about.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...